Solved is it possible css v34 with tick rate 128?

Duk

I have 2 question:
1-my server css v34 run with tick rate 100 but more than 10 players this tick rate decrease to 70, 60.... why?
2-is it possible tick rate 128? if is possible how? I changed to
sv_maxupdaterate 128
sv_maxcmdrate 128
sv_minupdaterate 128
sv_mincmdrate 128
and in start.sh file I put -tickrate 128, but doesnt work in 128, still working same 100 tick

Vertigo

⍥????
Staff member
Administrator
Here's the standard setting for different server tickrates:

Tickrate 33 : This tickrate is default tickrate on Source. It uses very minimum CPU/RAM/Bandwidth but registrations or updates are slow between server and client. Suitable only for private and test servers with less than 10 players.
JSON:
-tickrate 33
sv_maxrate "30000"
sv_minrate "15000"
sv_maxcmdrate "34"
sv_maxupdaterate "34"
sv_mincmdrate "33"
sv_minupdaterate "33"

Tickrate 66 : This tickrate uses average CPU/RAM/Bandwidth, registrations or updates are fast between server and client. Suitable for running most of the dedicated servers having minimum to huge number of players.
JSON:
-tickrate 66
sv_maxrate "60000"
sv_minrate "20000"
sv_maxcmdrate "67"
sv_maxupdaterate "67"
sv_mincmdrate "66"
sv_minupdaterate "66"

Tickrate 100 : This tickrate uses high CPU/RAM/Bandwidth, registrations or updates are very fast between server and client. Suitable for running dedicated servers with competitive mode or warmod.
JSON:
-tickrate 100
sv_maxrate "80000"
sv_minrate "30000"
sv_maxcmdrate "101"
sv_maxupdaterate "101"
sv_mincmdrate "100"
sv_minupdaterate "100"

Tickrate 128 : This tickrate uses very high CPU/RAM/Bandwidth, registrations or updates are lightning fast between server and client. Suitable for running LAN servers with competitive mode. To run dedicated server on this tickrate, you will need a good CPU, more RAM and more bandwidth.
JSON:
-tickrate 128
sv_maxrate "100000"
sv_minrate "40000"
sv_maxcmdrate "129"
sv_maxupdaterate "129"
sv_mincmdrate "128"
sv_minupdaterate "128"

Duk

hi Vertigo, I cant do it run in tick 128, I put ypurs setting, run with a BOT and Me, but still máximo 100
100 for me is OK, the problem this 100 decrase with more than 10 players, my intention is put tick 128 to work with 100 with more than 10 players, why decrase with playing in game? I monitore with 12 players and see CPU 70% free memory but dont keep tick 100

Vertigo

⍥????
Staff member
Administrator
The net_graph just shows the number of updates being transferred between server and client per second. This also depends on client settings (cl_). It doesn't represent server tick rate, although it is one way to determine the tickrate set by server.
On v34 old client, constant tickrate of the server is not visible in net_graph like we can see in CS:GO.
You can see it in ClientMod using e_showserverinfo 1 command. This will show you the actual tickrate on top right corner of the screen.
So, your server tickrate is constant. It doesn't drop when more players join. It can however put more load on CPU/RAM and bandwidth when more players join the server.

Now coming to your question of why you are seeing drop in net_graph when players number increases?
It is because, your server has limited bandwidth. The server bandwidth is distributed among players depending on server/client rate settings. When more players join, server bandwidth gets distributed more and more. So, the server cannot transfer packets to clients in same speed or rate as always.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock