Solved Server CSS v34 in Ubuntu 20.04

Duk

hi, I have some server in Ubuntu 20.04 VPS, but I cant run CSS v34 in native Linux, someone can help me? I am rin it but using Wine in other server CS 1.6 ate working ok in Linux, but to v34 I cant do it run

Vertigo

⍥????
Staff member
Administrator
Hi, next time, post questions with screenshots or video to get more appropriate help and help others better to understand your problem and help you.

CS:S v34 does have native Linux support. You don't need to run it on wine, that will be extra overhead.

Unfortunately, CS:S v34 server does not work/load correctly on the latest Ubuntu versions (16.04, 18.04, 20.04) without doing some extra tweaks. This happens due to some problem with valve.rc file. On Ubuntu version lower than 16.04, it works perfectly fine without doing any extra tweaks.

Below are some solutions which you can try (Whichever is possible and works for you) :
  • On the server console, type map de_dust2 and see if the server starts correctly. The server may start, but some plugins or server itself may not work correctly.
  • Download the attached valve.rc file from this post, and replace the existing valve.rc file in cstrike/cfg folder. Restart server.
  • Download and install [CS:S v34] ProtectCMDS extension. This extension fixes some bug in CS:S v34 server engine and makes it possible to work on newer versions of Linux VPS.
  • If none of the above solutions works or not possible for you, then the only solution is to get a lower version of Linux VPS (Ubuntu 14.04, Debian 8 or CentOS any version). On these versions of Linux VPS, CS:S v34 server works perfectly.

Attachments

Duk

thanks a lot for try help me, I doesnt worked CSS v34 Ubuntu 20.04, CS.16 work well in Ubuntu, I will keep running CSS v34 in Ubuntu Wine, use large cpu and memory but work well.

best regards
Duk

Vertigo

⍥????
Staff member
Administrator
CS 1.6 doesn't has any problem with newer Linux distributions. Anyway, you can use whatever suits you better.

Duk

hi Vertigo, I am still working to make CSS v34 rin in Linux, I create 2 Contain in my Ubuntu VPS, Debian-10 and Centos-8, in both work cs 1.6 but css v34 didnt work, I would like to try in Ununtu 14 but dont have the oldest image is Ubuntu 16.10, have you see CSS v34 working in linux? if a creat a SSH root access in a new Container can you try if work?
14-print.png

Vertigo

⍥????
Staff member
Administrator
On CentOS container, install the CSS v34 Linux Clean Server by following the install instructions. It should work fine.
If any errors or server does not start, post the screenshots here.

Duk

oh thanks worked but I cant install Metamod and Sourcemod, the CSS eun but no load plufis, admin and so on, I have try config metamod.vdf look like inst the problem because if I edit to wrong path, show error. Some one know if what metamod and sourcemod version to run or other tips?

Duk

worked well, man thank you very much, reduced CPU load from 14.2% running by Wine to 3.3% running in a CentOS container, now I am working to install plugins

Vertigo

⍥????
Staff member
Administrator
Good.
You can find and install few useful plugins specially modified for CS:S v34 servers from Sourcemod Plugins.

Reactions: Duk
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock