Solved Objects do 0 damage

Hi.
I have a bit of a problem on my small, private 10 slotted server. Mostly me and people I know, we play mixes (mixmod) but from time to time we like to have some fun on minigames map and other similar maps/modes. The problem is.. objects do 0 damage. On mg_smash_cannonsz projectiles do 0 damage, they just go through models and slow you down a bit. On mg_hellz_multigame any trap, ball, etc, does 0 damage, just slows you down a bit. on mg_piratewars you cant stay on small boat - you can steer it but then you go through the boat instead on the boat and then you sink. We tried unloading mixmod, noblock, tickxmapfix, lowering tickrate to 66 instead 100 and nothing works. We even unloaded smac to see if it does anything. Nothing happened. Does anybody know what can cause this? Or is there a plugin that will "fix" objects damage?

Thanks.

Vertigo

⍥????
Staff member
Administrator
Can you provide these :
  • sm plugins list
  • sm exts list
  • server.cfg
  • Any other related cfg which has game's default cvars

Reactions: 138

sm plugins
"Simple Chat Colors" (2.0.0) by Simple Plugins
"Sound Commands" (1.8.0.6040) by AlliedModders LLC
"SM Super Commands" (0.60) by pRED*
"SMAC: Spinhack Detector" (v34.R2) by Danyas
"Basic Ban Commands" (1.8.0.6040) by AlliedModders LLC
"SaveChat" (SaveChat_1.2.1) by citkabuto
"Anti-Flood" (1.8.0.6040) by AlliedModders LLC
"Fun Commands" (1.8.0.6040) by AlliedModders LLC
"SMAC: Rcon Locker" (v34.R2) by KorDen
"Admin Menu" (1.8.0.6040) by AlliedModders LLC
also, mixmod.smx, tickxmapfix.smx, smokesfixer.smx, soccer_ball.smx, smac.smx (minus wallhack and anti flash), simple-chatprocessor.smx, paintball.smx, remove_fog.smx, css_fixsmoke.smx, bhopcommands.smx, autorespawn.smx, grouptag.smx

sm exts

"ProcessCmds" (1.0.9) by GoDtm666
"SDK Tools" (1.8.0.6040) by AlliedModders LLC: Source SDK Tools
"BinTools" (1.8.0.6040) by AlliedModders LLC: Low-level C/C++ Calling API
"CS Tools" (1.8.0.6040) by AlliedModders LLC: CS extended functionality
"GeoIP" (1.8.0.6040) by AlliedModders LLC: Geographical IP information
"Top Menus" (1.8.0.6040) by AlliedModders: Creates sorted nested menus
"SDK Hooks" (1.8.0.6040) by AlliedModders LLC: Source SDK Hooks
"Client Preferences" (1.8.0.6040) by AlliedModders: Saves client preference settings
"SQLite" (1.8.0.6040) by AlliedModders LLC: SQLite Driver
"MySQL-DBI" (1.8.0.6040) by AlliedModders LLC: MySQL driver implementation for DBI

cfg's:

launch options: -tickrate 100 (hence the 101 rates in cfg)

Last edited:

Vertigo

⍥????
Staff member
Administrator
As I see it, this problem is because of sv_turbophysics 1. If the value is 1, this prevents props collision, and thus props or entities simply pass through the players resulting in no damage. Try setting the value to 0.

And also, if you are running soccer mod. The correct cvars value should be :
CSS:
phys_pushscale "900"
phys_timescale "1"
sv_turbophysics "0"

Reactions: 138

I'll try sv_turbophysics 0, thanks :) I'm not running soccer mod. The soccer_ball.smx lets me basically spawn soccer from ka_soccer maps. It's not the soccer mod plugin :p

Okay so the sv_turbophysics 0 works! I can now steer boat and people take dmg from cannons on mg_cannons. I tried it before and it didn't work but I tried it again now because you suggested it and it turns out that you need to restart round for it to actually work xd. Small problem with this setting being on 0 is that when you want to "block" a soccer on soccer maps the impact simply kills you. Now i know why in the actual soccermod plugin there is a god mode buuut its not the best fix because it blocks damage from soccer, yes, but also from slay when other team scores a goal.
Thanks for help :)

Vertigo

⍥????
Staff member
Administrator
sv_turbophysics 1 means, you can interact with props on maps using your USE key. Anyway, while doing soccer you can make it change this cvar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock