Solved how to connect direct to a specific server in clientmod?

Duk

hi, I use a .bat file to connect direct in my server like "cstrike -game cstrike +connect IP:PORT" how can I do same it in ClientMod?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vertigo

⍥????
Staff member
Administrator
The bat file solution will not work for ClientMod, because it loads the launcher first before loading the game.

You can add launch parameters in ClientMod launcher to directly connect to server when the game loads:
+connect ip:port

You can also create bookmarks in your favorite browser with URL format clientmod://connect/ip[:<port>][/<password>]
Example: clientmod://connect/35.367.38.40:27015
Then when you click on the bookmark, browser will ask you to open the launcher, click Ok. Then you can click on connect button to connect to the server directly.

Duk

yeah, I have used as parameters, but I would use as mylauncher to CS 1. and CSS v34, I execute a exe file "launcher" than read a txt file on internet and get IP and I connect diret to my server and if IP change I dont need update my Launcher.exe, all I need is change ip in my webserver, thanks a lot anyway

Duk

I got a idea I think will work, I my Launcher I will open clientmod.ini, in line 10 I write the IP I want and call CMLauncher.exe than will work same my otheres game Quake2, CS 1.6 and CS v34

Vertigo

⍥????
Staff member
Administrator
You can post here whatever you have tried with step by step to help others searching for same answer.

Duk

ok, I made a launcher in GO lang, to launcher Quake, CS 1.6 and CSS, the Launcher go to internet auto download a txt file with some IP:port, the Launcher know what folder in and get right IP and start game direct to my server, I like it because if server change IP dont need update launcher, I just change in wen the file.txt and all work.
But to ClientMod I did a litle bit diferent, I my launcher.exe all the time I start download file.txt from internet wirh IP:port and I read the clientmod.ini, and write IP:port in clientmod.ini line and do exec.command to call "CMLauncher.exe" than now go direct to my server, working well

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock