Open Clientmod on Ubuntu desktop 20.04

bad_doctor

Make sure wine is running as root user.
Same result, im using dual boot ,win7 and ubuntu....so i installed game in a common folder...in win7 and updated it completely...and then i tried running it in Ubuntu but same result. So something is causing the run as admin error , im gonna install manjaro and pop os and will see if the error persist or not

Vertigo

⍥????
Staff member
Administrator
Now the problem is completely from OS side. As the error indicates, it requires to run as Administrator. But it is not running as administrator. I don't have ubuntu right now. But I will try after installing.

XTreme killer

RIS Admin
Content Writer
Same result, im using dual boot ,win7 and ubuntu....so i installed game in a common folder...in win7 and updated it completely...and then i tried running it in Ubuntu but same result. So something is causing the run as admin error , im gonna install manjaro and pop os and will see if the error persist or not
Dialog-warning.svg
NEVER run Wine as root! Doing so gives Windows programs (and viruses) full access to your computer and every piece of media attached to it. Running with sudo also has these same risks but with the added bonus of breaking the permissions on your ~/.wine folder in the process. If you have run Wine with sudo you need to fix the permission errors as described in the next question, and then run winecfg to set Wine up again. You should always run Wine as the normal user you use to login.

For Linux systems, all ideas that Wine needs root can be solved through Posix Capabilities or Posix File Capabilities or correcting other security settings.

As far as Windows programs are concerned, you are running with administrator privileges. If an application complains about a lack of administrator privileges, file a bug; running Wine as root probably won't help.

XTreme killer

RIS Admin
Content Writer
First of all, If you need to run wine, You might have to change windows version.

OR else try changing wine configurations.

Vertigo

⍥????
Staff member
Administrator
Don't complicate things. Security is a joke if you are trying to install a pirated game.

bad_doctor

Dialog-warning.svg
NEVER run Wine as root! Doing so gives Windows programs (and viruses) full access to your computer and every piece of media attached to it. Running with sudo also has these same risks but with the added bonus of breaking the permissions on your ~/.wine folder in the process. If you have run Wine with sudo you need to fix the permission errors as described in the next question, and then run winecfg to set Wine up again. You should always run Wine as the normal user you use to login.

For Linux systems, all ideas that Wine needs root can be solved through Posix Capabilities or Posix File Capabilities or correcting other security settings.

As far as Windows programs are concerned, you are running with administrator privileges. If an application complains about a lack of administrator privileges, file a bug; running Wine as root probably won't help.
Thanks for info but No problem with security im just getting into linux, as i said im using dual boot and windows is still my primary os for now , but im gonna change that for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock